About StarBrook Therapy Center
StarBrook Therapy Center was established by Dr. Katie Cantero to serve people in North DFW. It is located in the StarBrook Professionals building near Baylor Hospital Carrollton, and is easily accessible by I35E, the 121, President George Bush Tollway, and Dallas North Tollway.
The office is handicap accessible, and clients of diverse backgrounds are welcome to receive quality, professional, outpatient mental health services.
From Dr. Katie Cantero
- Welcome to StarBrook Therapy Center! I am a licensed clinical psychologist, based in Carrollton, Texas. I am passionate about working with people who are struggling with a variety of issues to help them navigate a path of healing. My husband and I have settled in Carrollton with our two daughters. I am originally from Northern Wisconsin, and I enjoy spending time with family in Texas and Wisconsin.
- I earned a doctorate in psychology from Rosemead School of Psychology in Southern California, and I had eight years of supervised experience and training prior to opening this private practice. Before training to be a psychologist, I received my BA in both psychology and theology at the University of Notre Dame.
- My training sites included a homeless outreach center, a community mental health center, a private practice, a foster care mental health clinic, a university counseling center, and an elementary school. During my training experiences, my clients included homeless adults, foster children, elementary school students, outpatient adults, children with autism, children ages 0-5, and university students. I have had the privilege of sharing therapeutic journeys with a variety of people, ranging in age from 9 months to 65 years, people of various nationalities, ethnicities, faiths, sexual orientations, and abilities.
- The diversity of my training experiences all had one thing in common: nothing is more important than an authentic therapeutic relationship. My focus in my private practice is on relationships. I use what’s called an attachment-based psychodynamic approach, which is a long-term approach with an emphasis on building a unique and authentic therapeutic relationship. Your struggle did not come about on its own, and I do not expect you to get through a problem or heal while you are alone either..
- I offer a free 15-minute consultation to all new clients so that we can assess if we are a good fit to work together prior to engaging in sessions. If you would like to schedule your appointment, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you!